Wild Honey: Stories of South Africa
This is a collection of seven short stories, some of which were serialized or first published in magazines, before being collected into book-form.
- WILD HONEY:
- June and July 1914 in McClure's; may also have been published in The Story-Teller July 1914
- COMMON OR GARDEN EARTH:
- August 23 and 30, 1913 in Collier's; may also have been serialized in Pall Mall Magazine August 1914
- WATCHERS BY THE ROAD:
- April 1912 in McClure's under the title THE ROAD TO TULI
- THE MOLLMEIT OF THE MOUNTAIN:
- April 1913 in McClure's under the title THE MOLLMEIT
- ON THE WAY TO BEIRA
- THE PROMISE OF LIFE
First published in book-form in 1914 by Putnam in New York.
Constable published the first British edition in July 1914, reprinted October 1914, September 1917, May 1918, and at least one more time in July 1919.
Any Constable edition is extremely rare. I only own a July 1919 reprint, but it does have its original DJ. John Long reprinted this in London.
The Putnam edition is more common, but the original DJ is extremely rare. I own a first edition with original DJ, as well as a Grosset and Dunlap reprint (Photoplay edition).